Restaurant General Manager/Assistant Manager
The General Manager/Assistant GM is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Job Responsibilities: General
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Calculate food and beverage costs. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste..
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct new employee orientation and training.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
- Strong hospitality experience with high volume establishments.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Complete our short application today!
Become a part of the team!
At R.Salerno Restaurant Group, we value personality and drive over experience alone. We push our people to achieve their highest potential. We reward success with a fair wage, opportunities to grow, and best in class benefits. We foster a fun and supportive community that drives engagement and passion.
We love training and developing our teammates to not only be successful at Salerno's, but successful leaders in their everyday world. If this sounds up your alley, take a look below and apply!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)